Our rates are on a per recorded minute basis and may vary depending on the quality of the recordings. The rates below are for interviews recorded in a quiet, indoor location and for phone-calls/VC on a clear line and are transcribed ‘intelligent verbatim*‘.
We recognise that due to the present situation with regards to Covid-19, researchers aren’t always able to carry out their research interviews in- person. We are offering the same rate for VC/telephone interviews as in -person interviews throughout this time.
|Rates||Price Per Minute|
|Small group interview (up to 4 voices), in-person/VC||£1.40
Focus Group interview
Workshops (5-9 voices)
Focus Group interview (10+)
|Focus Group/workshops (more than 14 voices)||contact for rates|
We will need to know the following information before issuing you a quote:
- the hours of recorded material
- type of interview (i.e. 1/1 or 2/3), telephone, VC or in-person.
- the type of location where they were recorded and whether the voices are clearly audible
- any specific criteria you’d like applied to your transcript
- we are happy to provide quotes for grant application processes
If you require us to tender for larger contracts, we would be pleased to oblige. We are able to offer discounts on projects with over 2000 minutes of transcribing.
Were we referred to you by a colleague? Please let us know!
Please use the Contact Us form to send details of your interviews. For pricing, recording lengths are rounded to the nearest minute.
* these prices refer to the standard format of ‘intelligent verbatim‘: texts don’t indicate non-lexical verbal sounds, stutters, filler words. Repeated words and false start sentences can be edited out. Please ask for verbatim transcriptions if you require word-for-word transcriptions.
If you require time-stamping or certain criteria applied to your transcript, such as time-stamping on each page or redaction, this will incur extra per minute costings.