Our rates are on a per recorded minute basis and may vary depending on the quality of the recordings. The rates below are for interviews recorded in a quiet, indoor location and for phone-calls/VC on a clear line and are transcribed ‘intelligent verbatim*‘.
We are recognising that due to the present situation with regards to Covid-19 researchers aren’t always able to carry out their fieldwork interviews with participants in person. We are offering a reduced rate for one-one telephone/VC interviews at this time.
|Two person interview (one-one/two voices)||£1.25|
|Two person telephone/VC||£1.30|
|Small group interview (up to four voices)
|Focus Group interview (five and more)
|Focus Group interview (ten and more)
|Focus Group (more than fourteen)||contact for rates|
We will need to know the following information before issuing you a quote:
- the hours of recorded material
- type of interview (i.e. 1/1 or 2/3), telephone or in-person.
- the type of location where they were recorded and whether the voices are clearly audible
- any specific criteria applied to your transcripts
Please use the Contact Us form to send details of your interviews. For pricing, recording lengths are rounded to the nearest minute.
* these prices refer to the standard format of ‘intelligent verbatim‘: texts don’t indicate non-lexical verbal sounds, stutters, filler words. Repeated words and false start sentences can be edited out. Please ask for verbatim transcriptions if you require word-for-word transcriptions.
If you require time-stamping or certain criteria applied to your transcript, this will incur extra per minute costings.